Re: Programmer with a screw driver == DANGEROUS! -- upgrading RAM on Mac Mini

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 09:51:12 -0600

hello:
On 7/6/2011 9:35 AM, Kerneels Roos wrote:
Hi List,

Has anyone ever tried / succeeded in upgrading RAM on a Mac Mini? That's what I'm going to be attempting in a short while. It sounds fairly simple yet totally unlike the easy PC scenario.
Found instructions here:
http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Repair/Installing-Mac-mini-PowerPC-RAM/273/1

Any tips or advice would be much appreciated. I can program, but hardware, that's another story -- see subject :-)

Don't forget to ground yourself out. I don't know if the instructions cover this (I'm about to run out the door). Unplug the system, hold the power button down for a few seconds to drain the power, then ground yourself by touching something metal before you go for it. Also, with the mac mini as small as it is, things are going to be packed in there pretty tight, so be careful of wires and the like. Good luck!

--

Take care,
Ty