Programing for iOS

  • From: Jessica Brown <justforlistmessages531@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programing blind <ProgrammingBlind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 16:42:11 -0800

Hi. I am completely blind and know nothing about programing. I have tried teaching myself html and have also tried teaching myself inform for writing text adventure games. I failed at both and can't even code a simple link in html. However, I think with some help and training, I can learn a programing language and I think learning how to develop for iOS will be more useful then html or inform. Do you think this can be done by a person like me and if yes, what are some getting started resources for very very beginners? Everything I have found by searching assumes that you know something about programing already, which is not the case for me. I have also heard from other blind people who are trying to teach themselves programing that the tutorials they find are no help because they are too visual and XCode is hard, not impossible, but hard to use with VoiceOver. I also found a site called nonvisualdevelopment.org but it did not even have the info the person who posted about it said it had. And also, I don't think the teaching it to myself thing is going to work. Are there any training programs where I can get help over face time or skype or mailing lists for beginning blind programmers or anything like that? Thank you.

Please go check out my website: http://blindnesseraserblog.wordpress.com which has lots of different info on a number of topics for blind and visually impaired people and which I have recently redone. Also please check out my low traffic mailing list: //freelists.org/list/erasingblindness where we can talk about anything related to blindness. Thank you.