Re: Please place responses at the beginning of your email.Re: WhichLinux + screen reader to choose?

  • From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blind programming <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 19:11:05 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, Octavian Rasnita wrote:

The most accessible and used mail client by the blind is Outlook Express and it cannot do what you suggest. We don't even need that, because most Windows

You do, because you are complaining to me. Otherwise you would not complain.
How do you know its the most used client anyway?
I had over 100 hits on my thunderbird scripts page.

users don't care about that.
And it is not easy at all to keep pressing the shift key or the down arrow key to jump over the original message, because this takes time, exactly like it takes time to press the arrow keys to move the focus out of the text

Simpley because you don't have a smart client.

fields in a web page with those poor screen readers.

No, you can arrow over them and all you do is navigate into and out of them with tab, shift + tab and insert left/right.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
<d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>