Re: Please place responses at the beginning of your email.Re: Which Linux + screen reader to choose?

  • From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 21:03:15 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008, James Panes wrote:

It is common courtesy on this list to place your responses at the beginning
of your email. This way, people do not have to arrow down through what they
have already read to get to your text. I emailed you about this off-list,

Well, this is the correct way of posting (done on many mailing lists) and should not be any problem to a screenreader/braille user... It gives the reader info about what the sender is talking about, and if you have a decent client you should be able to get it to hide quotes and then there should be a "unhide" button if you need to see the quote. I personally like it although my client (alpine) has this feature so I choose to see the quote.

but was rebuffed and ignored. >

Not at all, I just explained to you how many people do it and how it is a good way to post.

Sorry, but as long as you persist in the practice of placing your responses
at the bottom of your email, I am just going to delete them.

Go for it, but if you guys would seriously want me to top-post I will... I just find it very strange though, every other mailing list can handle it (with blind and sighted), but this one can't? Blindness is not an issue here, you can easily skim through quotes or get a better client to hide them...
No need to deny this.

--
Daniel Dalton

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/