Permission denied

  • From: Hrvoje Katić <hrvojekatic@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 10:29:51 +0100

Hello all,

I'm having the following problem:
I made installer with Inno Setup, and if I install my application on Windows Vista or 7 PC, and click on program's icon to run the program, I get the following error: Errors occured: Error 13: the application could not be opened, permission denied.
I had the same problem with NSIS.
This problem happens if the application is installed into program files on Vista or 7. On XP it works well. On Vista or later, if I install it to C:\, then it also works great. However, if I wish to install my app to Program Files, what should I do in Inno Setup to avoid such stupid restrictions? My setup script is set to Require admin privileges, but still no luck! Also, the running account is the admin account. If I run my application as an administrator, then I don't get an error message above, but the application will not work as expected.

Please help!

Hrvoje