Re: Panning Sounds

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 05:09:08 +0200

[repost in case attachment message got blocked]
Ok, another question regarding getting sound_lib to work on this other
machine.

As in, on my windows7 32 bit machine it seems to be workable after I got
hold of the distribute package, and then executed setup.py in the sound_lib
folder with the install command, but on this 64 bit windows7 machine, it
returns the contents of the attached text file if I try to run the same
setup.py install command.

In case the attached text file doesn't come through, it can also be
downloaded from here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13327195/sl.txt

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Q" <q@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    From: Jacob Kruger<jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:04:08 +0200
      To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ok, if I want to try implement use of your soundlib library, how do I get it to execute the setup.py code since when I tried it under python 2.7, I first had to change the first line to in fact import setup from distutils.core - as opposed to setuptools, but distutils.core doesn't seem to have any find_packages inside/underneath it?

Do I need to run this under a different version of python, or do I not really need to run setup.py to actually make use of this under python itsself, and in that case, which modules should I initially try importing then, and/or where should I copy the contents of the .gz file I downloaded to under python27's installation directory?

Sorry, but am still relatively new to python itsself, and hence am rather asking these questions.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA