Re: PL.SQL question

  • From: "Jeff Bishop" <jeff.bishop@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:57:09 -0700

John,

Without seeing the entire stored procedure it is hard to say exactly what you
are doing here.  However, it is probably safe to say that the second would
override the first.  The into statement both in Oracle and SQL Server create a
new table.  If you meant to assign to a variable then in that case it would
also be overwritten.

Jeff

-----

Jeff Bishop
Applications Systems Analyst, Principal
Administrative Computing

Phone: 520-626-1145
Cell: 520-205-0988
Fax  : 520-626-8346
Email and MSN Messenger Contact ID: jeffbis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:jeffbis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Address:
The University of Arizona
Building 73
Room #: 116
1077 North Highland Avenue
PO Box 210073
Tucson, AZ 85721-0073

--

The opinions or statements expressed herein are my own and should not be taken
as a position, opinion, or endorsement of The University of Arizona.