Re: PHP - What Comes With A PHP Script Automatically?

  • From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 14:08:56 -0300

Hello Jim,
php has the extensions concept. An extension is a peace of C logic
usually embeded in a shared module (dll on windows, so on *nix) or
right into the php core, and it is a way of providing fast functions
and / or objects ready to be used in scripts.
If you take a look at your php.ini, there is an extensions section.
There are several extensions that are loaded by default, and the
functions belonging to these extensions are available to you in your
scripts.
If you look at the functions section of your php manual, you can know
every function of every extensions of php.
Thanks,
Marlon

2008/8/20, james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx <james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
> Can you also point me to where to read about this in the manual? This came
> up because I was working with a little PHP script. The script has a
> function whose name is time. The compiler complained that I could not
> redefine the time function. Hence the question: what does PHP bring in
> automatically. I have no includes or anything.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jim
>
> James D Homme, Usability Engineering, Highmark Inc.,
> james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810
>
> "The difference between those who get what they wish for and those who
> don't is action. Therefore, every action you take is a complete
> success,regardless of the results." -- Jerrold Mundis
> Highmark internal only: For usability and accessibility:
> http://highwire.highmark.com/sites/iwov/hwt093/

free."
Linus Torvalds