Re: Oracle Meeting - community requests?

  • From: Andreas Stefik <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 19:16:21 -0600

Hey Bob,

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Robert J Smith <rsmith247@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> My suggestion is to adapt JAWS to speak coloration of fields on a web-style
> Oracle form application when it is being run.  We had users who wanted the
> various fields to be a certain color based on whether the field was filled
> in, or another field was filled in which was related to the prior field.  We
> could actually code the coloration, but as far as checking the coloration
> when the form was actually run, JAWS always said "black on black".

We actually have some of this in Sodbeans 1.5, believe it or not. We're also
working on expanding this stuff significantly.

For example, my graduate student last semester spent weeks going through
every possible combination of gutter glyphs in the editor and coming up with
phrases indicating what things were.

So yaa, good idea, I wonder what we can ask about here ...

Stefik