Re: Oracle Application Express Programming

  • From: Anthony P Schnurr <aschnurr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:29:37 -0500

Brent,

I have done some Application Express programming.  Most of it was done
about a year ago on applications to generate reports and queries which
users could either view on screen or download into Excel.
I use JAWS as a screen reader.  APEX uses a web interface and I found it
to be quite accessible.  I may be able to answer some of your questions.
On the main APEX screen; you should find a link to the APEX manual.  This
manual is very useful and is also accessible.
Good luck with your new assignment.

Regards.

Tony

delivery.
purpose.

"Brent Neal" <bneal@xxxxxxxx>
Sent by: programmingblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
02/24/2009 17:59
Please respond to
programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<ProgrammingBlind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Oracle Application Express Programming

Are there any "Oracle Application Express" (APEX) programmers on this list
who use JAWS?  I am being moved to a new area and will be an APEX
programmer.  I have had some training from a sighted co-worker and so far
it seems to be quite accessible with JAWS.  We have had to find some work
arounds but so far have been able to do it.  The person who has been
training me is being moved to another city to work on a special project so
I am loosing my trainer.  If there are other APEX programmers who are
blind let me know and I will have some questions on how to solve some of
the different programming problems.
Thank You

[attachment "TEXT.htm" deleted by Anthony P Schnurr/GTS/CSC]