Opening up NonvisualDevelopment.org

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, blindwebbers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Program-l <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2010 09:23:31 -0500

Although the Drupal log-in controls at
http://NonvisualDevelopment.org

were present before, I have now revamped the site so that they should work in a meaningful way. Anyone can create an account, including via the OpenID protocol. Anyone can create, edit, or delete their own stories, blogs, polls, or other content supported by standard or common 3rd party modules of Drupal 6. One of three themes may be selected, which can aid usability according to preferences for page layout and navigation. Files may be uploaded as well, e.g., documentation or open source projects.

I have not yet written help tips for beginning users, so this will probably be more useful to those familiar with Drupal web interfaces at present. I invite help from Drupal developers on these lists in answering questions from beginners wanting to contribute to the site. Also, feel free to make suggestions about Drupal modules or techniques that could improve the usefulness of the site. In such cases, the more specific suggestions, the better, since I will probably be forwarding them to the consultant I have been using.

I believe in agile development processes, so consider this a work in progress that I will strive to make better over time. I am focusing on this and FruitBasketDemos.org now, however, so it is a good time to provide feedback or other contributions. Note that this is not a source control system -- anyone can upload code to share, but versions would need to be managed separately through other means.