On Debugger Controls

  • From: Andreas Stefik <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 10:35:14 -0600

Hi again folks,

I'm hoping to finish up the debugger controls in Sodbeans within a week or
so and would like some feedback on any additional controls you might find
useful. Recall that in Sodbeans, most debugger actions are reversible, and
as such, when you see a name in the list below with the word "back" in it,
that typically means the reverse of another control.

Here's a list:

1. Step to Start of Method
2. Step Back to Cursor
3. Step Back Into
4. Step Back Over
5. Rewind
6. Stop
7. Pause
8. Continue
9. Step Over
10. Step Into
11. Step Out
12. Step to Cursor

Most of these are just standard debugger controls, with a few additions. All
of these force the debugger to output text-to-speech to give you some idea
what they actually did when you pressed that button, although we're still
working and playing with the actual sounds that are being sent to the user.
Any other controls that folks would find particularly handy?

Stefik