OT: Think it's a symptom of being in a bit of coding hurry

  • From: "Jacob Kruger" <jacobk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ProgrammingBlind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 18:20:53 +0200

Sitting here at end of day trying to figure out why I'm being denied access to
a subfolder for a windows app am doing in C#, where I'm trying to read in the
contents of an HTML file to then use search/replace on some of it's internal
parts to use it as a sort of template to help with some relatively simple data
reporting am playing around with.

Anyway, this is mostly code have made use of in past, with no hassles then, and
only made a few minor changes to move it over to slightly different parts of a
new app, and couldn't figure out why it was telling me I couldn't access the
contents of a simple HTML file in a subfolder of the main application
startupPath, etc., and was wondering if it had just possibly got something to
do with this having worked alright on a 32bit windows7 machine, whereas this is
now on a 64bit windows7 machine.

Then

you

realise

that

you

need

pay

attention

the

fact

that

you

specifically

put

an

underline

character

in

the

filename

make

sure

it

would

keep

on

being

the

first

file

in

that

folder

...LOL!

I specifically always have my jaws always speaking all punctuation to me, but
seems sometimes my brain can still get a bit distracted/tired enough to ignore
when those things get mentioned...

In other words, I was telling it to read all the contents of the file
./output/empty.htm when the file was actually ./output/_empty.htm.

This is just one of those things that happens every now and then while coding,
and it's my brain telling me to go find something else to do (for a little
while at least).

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker