Re: Number of folks on the list

  • From: "Andreas Stefik" <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 11:07:34 -0700

Thanks all. I've sent an email to Sina off list to see what kind of
metrics we can dig up. I know this kind of measure, using mailing
lists, is far from perfect, but it seems like it is better than
nothing. I can't tell you how many times I have been asked at academic
conferences, "So, how many blind programmers are out there, anyway?"

My extremely lame response has always been, "I can't seem to find
official statistics on the topic, but there is enough of them that we
should care about the community." Then they inevitably say, "So, how
many is that?" and I say, "I have no idea."

Andreas