Re: Next steps on Open Komodo

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:02:08 -0500

Hi Arron,
I don't know what you mean by a11y. I filed a couple of bugs under the
accessibility heading. I have gotten positive feedback even though I
mistakenly thought tere was not a key to cycle among open tabs. It just so
happened that the key was undocumented.

Thanks.

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"Never doubt that a thoughtful group of committed citizens can change the
world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead

             "Aaron Leventhal"
             <aaronlev@moonset
             .net>                                                      To
             Sent by:                  programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             programmingblind-                                          cc
             bounce@freelists.
             org                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Next steps on Open Komodo

             11/13/2007 12:39
             PM

             Please respond to
             programmingblind@
               freelists.org

James,

Can you send me a bugzilla query link to the a11y issues in Komodo? If
there's no way to do a single query we need to create a tracking bug for
it.

There aren't going to be really quick solutions for most of the
problems. For any problems that are really on the screen reader end,
it's most likely that we'll get it working best in NVDA. They're a
Python based AT and thus probably have a larger interest in this. I
might have the Orca folks look at it as well.

I know most users here are on JAWS.  I suspect that a lot of problems
are still on the Komodo end. We'll have to find a developer capable of
fixing the issues. We may need to contact the Komodo people and see what
traction we get there.

- Aaron

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
> I have reported a few bugs. How do I keep track of new patches that come
> out. Also, what do you know about whatever the various screen reader
> vendors may be doing to support Open Komoto. I'm experiencing things I
feel
> are screen reader issues but am not entirely sure if they are.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jim
>
> James D Homme, , Usability Engineering, Highmark Inc.,
> james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810
>
> "Never doubt that a thoughtful group of committed citizens can change the
> world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead
>

>              "Aaron Leventhal"

>              <aaronlev@moonset

>              .net>
>              Sent by:                  programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx