Re: Next steps on Open Komodo

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 13:29:35 -0400

Hi,
I just got a note from someone named Trent that says they just recently
made the Komoto IDE core open source. I sent in a note about some stuff
they could do to make the help a little better. Here's the note.

Hello Jim,
Would you be willing to move this discussion to the
openkomodo-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx list? We've recently (really recently:
yesterday) open sourced much of the core of Komodo IDE
(
http://www.openkomodo.com/
).
The Komodo docs themselves are now hosted as part of this opensource
project (
http://svn.openkomodo.com/openkomodo/browse/komododoc/trunk
)
and hence the discussion could best be done there.
If you like you could subscribe to that list here:

Alternatively, a bug in our bug database is a good place to discussion
and resolve this kind of thing:
http://bugs.activestate.com/enter_bug.cgi?product=OpenKomodo&component=Documentation
Our documentation person (Troy) will, I am sure, be keen to work on
accessibility issues. I'm more of a build guy -- and would be interested
in seeing about using CHM for Komodo's docs on Windows if that turns out
to be a much better solution.
Cheers,
Trent

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"Never doubt that a thoughtful group of committed citizens can change the
world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead