RE: New to Python

  • From: Katherine Moss <Katherine.Moss@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 00:51:03 +0000

I'm new to it as well, but I find that when first fooling around with the
language, I think that the best way to lllearn is with the interactive CLI and
then following the Python documentation.  There are some books out there;
Python in a nutshell is one, but it's old, and I don't know if they've updated
it in a long time.  I think it was like 2006 or something like that.  I
honestly can't remember.  Which version of Python are you using?  Because even
if you use Iron Python, then you'll still find that the documentation page over
there leads you to the latest C Python documentation page.  But using the CLI's
a great way to learn when that option is offered.  I'm not that into it yet,
but I will be when I get more time.