New resource. LALRecordings.com

  • From: "Darragh" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:53:15 -0000

Hello all,

I'll explain how this is programming related in a moment.

Firstly, I'd like to introduce you to a resource that I'm working with called
Listen and Learn Recordings.com.  This website aims to bring you recordings on
a wide range of topics with introductions, reviews and walk through's.

In the past two months, the site has expanded to include 13 Linux based
recordings, 2 Windows screel reader related recordings including one walk
through of Jaws using the beta of Windows 7, one mobility aid recording
demonstrating the KSonar, two accessible media player related recordings and
one mobile phone introduction demonstrating web browsing using the Talks screen
reader.

It is hoped to aim to as many different user groups as possible from the
beginner, to the advanced, to the budding programmer.

To that end, I would like to ask for the assistance of a few on this list.
The LALRecordings resource requires different contributors to record short
introductions, reviews and tutorials.  If your interested, you can give as much
or as little time as you like.

I believe a resource such as this is perfect for people interested in
programming as topics like an introduction to the Visual web developer
integrated development environment using the scripts developed by members on
this list would be very useful for people trying to learn how to navigate the
system they will use to begin development.

In return, your name and website can be put up on the LALRecordings.com website
to credit your work.

To see the recordings already available on this website, go to
www.lalrecordings.com

IF you would like to keep up to date with new recordings, subscribe to the
LALRecordings blog.

Thanks for reading.

Darragh Ó Héiligh
Personal website: http://www.digitaldarragh.com