Re: New programmer

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 18:04:47 -0400

Of course, you can turn Intellisense off along with the Parameters thingy. Then you will not have it messing with you when you are working in an Editor. You can hit ctrl+j or ctrl+space, I think, to view intellisense for something. For example, if in a event module where the parguments are held in a variable called "e" you could:

type e.
Then hit ctrl+j and the list of options for the properties and methods will come up in the Intellisense list. I do not use it much but there is no reason to have it dynamically messing with you while trying to enter or work on code. You can set that in the Options selection under the Tools Menu. I forget off-hand which treeview item it is under, perhaps the TextEditor branch. But, turning it off does not mean you can not use it, it just makes it so it does not popup all the time while you type.
Rick USA
----- Original Message ----- From: "Donald Marang" <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>