Re: New programmer

  • From: Andreas Stefik <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 12:57:00 -0500

On Sat, May 1, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Donald Marang <donald.marang@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I would think it would work since VoiceOver is now part of the OS and I
> have not heard too many mainstream features not available.

Apple has definitely made strides. I'm not criticizing. We do work with them
directly, though, and are on the mailing lists of course. But really, when
it really comes down to it, NetBeans is over 2 million lines of code and
that's enough work keeping up as it is!

Voice over support is also much more flexible than some systems, but like
anything, there's no silver bullet. When you get into the nitty, gritty,
details, things get complicated. My team is also massively less familiar
with objective C and the apple APIs, which are basically another planet.

I mean, folks know how this goes --- pros and cons, pros and cons,

Stefik