New Visual Studio Development Computer and 64 bit architecture problem?

  • From: "Richard Thomas" <rthomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 12:12:05 -0500

Hi Gang:
Getting a new DeskTop computer.  WE won't run 64 bit, don't know about JAWS.
Would like a little power like 2 gig memory at least and a fairly fast
processor etc...
I'll be running Windows XP Pro, Visual Studio Pro and later VS 2008.
Any recommendations on either a newer computer model or an Intel Processor you
have used with JAWS or WindowEyes?
What about the
Intel® CoreT2 Duo Processors.
One of the computers used an Intel with Intel® Extended Memory 64 Technology
which mentioned something about 32 bit and 64 bit but what have you actually
worked with?  One fellow at GW just said WindowEyes won't run on a 64 bit
machine but that doesn't tell me what it will run on. Everything with any power
seems to have 32 and 64 bit mentioned so I thought I'd better check around
before plopping down the greenbacks!
Thanks for any help:
Rick Farmington Mich. USA

Rick Farmington Mich. USA.