RE: .Net Framework Documentation

  • From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 13:44:15 -0400

I will second some of what people are saying here.  MSDN is very nice
online.  The problem is to this day no screen reader has made the web as
easy to use for the blind as it is for the sited.  A new way to deal with
the web has to be designed and I am not even sure what that new way is but I
think that is where we have to be putting all our power.  Making the web as
accessible as regular programs because that is where regular programs are
going.  We should be able to use Google docs as simply as opening Word same
for gmail my wife doesn't even use a mail client any longer because the web
clients are getting so good.  You sure the hell couldn't prove that to me
but I don't blame the web apps as much as I do all the screen readers and I
mean all.  If people have ideas on how to make a better web browser
interface for the blind please write me and tell me I have several projects
I am working on that this information would come in handy.

Ken