Re: Needed, Someone to make the 32-bit binary for BrailleBlaster on Windows

  • From: Michael Taboada <ai5hf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 16:28:30 -0500

Ah... I see. I some how got the idea that you were compiling the java itself. Thanks.

-Michael.

-----Original Message----- From: John J. Boyer
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:54 PM
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Needed, Someone to make the 32-bit binary for BrailleBlaster on Windows

The Java classes are in a jar file which is platform-independent. The
platform-dependent parts are those written in C and the
platform-specific version of SWT. There are two dlls that need to be
compiled for each platform, liblouis and liblouisutdml. There are build
files for both of them and instructions on how to use these files. The
process of making the 32-bit version would consist of compiling these
dlls and placing them in the base directory of BrailleBlaster where
brailleblaster.jar is also located. Then the 32-bit SWT would replace
the 64-bit one in the lib subdirectory.

John

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 03:24:15PM -0500, Michael Taboada wrote:
May I ask how you would want this person to turn the java .class files into platform dependent binary code (if you indeed to intend on doing this) as I think most if not all of the tools are quite expensive. I know there's gcj,
but that, as far as I'm aware, does not support macs, and I thought you
said a while back that you wanted this project to support macs as well.

Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2011 2:31 PM
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Needed, Someone to make the 32-bit binary for BrailleBlaster on
Windows

I have put up a 64-bit version on http://www.braileblaster.org My
machines are all 64-bit. While it is theoretically possible to makie a
32-bit version on a 64-bit machine, I am not comfortable with the idea.
Besides, I need to have someone else use my windows build files and
instructions to make sure that there are not glitches that I have
overlooked. If you have a 32-bit system that has a Microsoft compiler
and a Java SDK and want to help, please contact me offlist.

Thanks,
John

Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com