Re: Need tutorials of VB6

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 17:15:16 -0600

You don't need interop assemblies to be able to call other libraries. like I said, look at pinvoke. it can call to user32.dll and all the other dlls.

On 7/22/2011 3:08 PM, Katherine Moss wrote:
Well.  PInvoke would work well for most things, accept the things that
Microsoft explicitly doesn't support with interop.  That's the real problem I
have, that some of their technologies are stil out of date and that they have
no interest in bringing them up to the .net level.  Such as MAPI and the IIS
ISAPI model (some of the newer extensions still don't support .net).