Re: Need tutorials of VB6

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 15:54:37 -0500

It's interesting C++ is marginalized as a low level language because it
inherited from C the support for such things as register declarations and
pointers that can go out of bounds (which can be useful in some contexts)
and even asm for getting directly to the assembly level.
But it is a also full of all the elaborate high level constructs that get
messy for those who mix the high and low level stuff without knowing what
they are doing.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm glad there have been spinoff
languages that cater to different types of applications.
Getting everyone to learn a single unified standard would be difficult and
perhaps wouldn't work.
I say that because you don't know what future technologies will come along
and put pressure on the language lawyers to add new features to the super
language, and perhaps some of these would clash -- or and mess up the
definition and implementation of the super language.
I speak from experience as I worked as a compiler and tool developer for C++
during the years C++ was evolving.  The language kept changing so we had to
take a messy prototype from research and scramble to make modifications in
design to fix inevitable bugs.  It was interesting work that I felt
privileged to do, but
That was a long time ago, and things have moved on.
I am using java lately, and indeed it is a different paradigm from C++.

So my vote is to keep the languages separate.
Happy hacking.
--le