Re: NVDA voice

  • From: Bbt Bbt <bbt.sunbear@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 08:54:59 +1300

Hi Eileen,

You may have the one of the following three problems:

1 You may have 2 instances of NVDA running. I have had this problem before.
Close one of them down with Insert+Q.

2 Narrator may be running too. I have had this before. Press windows+U, down
arrow to Narrator is running and Tab to Stop button and press Enter.

3 You need to save your voice preference in NVDA, so you can use the same
voice every time you start NVDA. Press Insert+N, P for Preferences, then G
for General Settings. Tab to the Save configuration on Exit checkbox and
press space to check it. Now every time you exit NVDA the voice you chose
will be remembered for next time.

I hope this information has helped.
Britta