Re: NVDA new voice?

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 19:55:24 -0500

If all you have is Sam, Michael, and Michelle, then it osunds like you
are running xp. Anna only arrived with Vista/win7. You may be able to
find her as a download for xp, I am not sure; a google search should
decide the question.

On 11/19/10, QuentinC <quentinc@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I've also heard whispers of an eloquence thing floating around for it,
> but I'm not sure if that's legal or if someone can give it to you.
>
> I read somewhere that using eloquence outside of jaws or talks was actually
> illegal. I don't know if it is really true. That point should really be
> clarified, perhaps in a separate thread, but the topic is interesting.
>
> Additionnal question: if eloquence is already installed on a system, it's
> quite easy to open the DLL and start to use the functions. Documentation on
> this DLL is even available on the web. Is that illegal ?
>
> I really wish that eloquence  would be easily available in NVDA, definitely
> legally. Because espeak is... how to say... terrific.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)
mehgcap@xxxxxxxxx; http://www.facebook.com/mehgcap