RE: NVDA and Eloquence

  • From: Trouble <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:05:17 -0400

if you pay for some voices like real speak or others like them. You can use them with any software that will allow access to them. However, Nuance does not sell just the voice its the complete engine. The use of the engine in any product not licensed by Nuance can be considered in violation of copy right laws. For example lets use music. You can by a song and use it on any device that will play it as long as that device is owned by the purchaser of the song. Now if you send that song to some one or a list. You are in violation of copy rights, because they don't own the right to play it. Now if you know some programming and have other voices to use. As long as it was done on that persons comp and no others. I doubt if they would come after you. But make that mod available to others and that opens the door for copy right violation.

At 08:18 AM 8/24/2011, you wrote:
I would suppose the problem is Freedom has paid the licenses to use
eloquence and if you change the way they install eloquence by changing
registries you are breaking the license.  Thus while technically its illegal
I doubt anyone is going to come in in a black trench coat and take your
computer.  I would however point out that you can now buy a copy of nvda for
like 10 bucks and get a much better experience with what used to be ibm via
voice.

ken