Re: My VB6 project

  • From: "Robert Montowski" <r_montowski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 18:17:32 -0500

Thank you so much for submitting this info for me.
I should not even come close to this with my string array.
the word list is 62,025 words in length..and with an average ...no so
conservative length of 8 characters per word..
I get 492,200 characters in length.
I saw a piece of code like this recently..
dim as string MyList(100) * 15
if I recall correctly this will make an array of 100 with no entry in the array
larger than 15 characters.
If I did not do it this way,,and just went with
dim as string MyList(100)
would this not be memory prohibitive as each array would have a length of 255?
thank you for your help.
and thanks for the web links for the FAQs
Robert