Re: More about VB6

  • From: "Robert Montowski" <r_montowski@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 13:26:05 -0400

Hello there,
once again we seem to be going through the best programming language to use to make games..grin.
Once again the same points/arguements are being made...grin.
Before you totally decide to skip over VB6 as your language...try some of the Kitchenss inc games...they are awesome games and written in VB6. There are many other games out there just as awesome and wit "better" programming languages, but nobody seems to take into account the $$$ it will cost a new programmer to buy a language and then all the books they will need to learn this language. At present I like VB6. I got it as a hand me down from a nephew who was in college years back. VB6 was close enough to the GW Basic I programmed in years back when I had sight, and very close to the Basic09 language I had on my Radio shack color computer 3 with the OS9 operating system. It was not a big stepup for me to learn VB6 with this foundation already in place If I wished to write programs that I would later like to sell, then I would make this move to .Net or C++ like other authors up here have done. Welcome to the programming community. Feel the awesome rush whenyou type in your first program, run it, and actually see it work!
Robert