Re: MinGW and Wx

  • From: "jaffar" <jaffar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 00:37:59 +0800

Hi Jamal. I've already sent the first part of my tutorial which covers compiling and building wx with VC++ using the command line. The other parts concerning MinGW and borland will follow within 2 or 3 days, depending on my work schedule. I will also follow them up with an appendix to cover anything else i have left out in terms of instructions pertaining to the mentioned compilers and tools. Cheers! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamal Mazrui" <empower@xxxxxxxxx>

Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 22:54:13 -0000
From: Dónal Fitzpatrick <dfitzpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

Another thing I have found is that MINGW encounters serious problems when
the new WX Graphics Device Context (Gcdc) is used. This seems to be because
minGW does not have GDIPlus as part of its distribution.  I noted from
various web searches that someone had attempted to write a version, but it
was rejected on the grounds that it breached licenses.  The code I was
working on was written in WX 2.8.4 and compiled fine under Macos Tiger and
Leopard, and eubuntu Linux but in the end I had to port across to Visual C++
2005 to get it working under xp and vista.

Dónal