Re: MinGW and MSYS

  • From: "qubit" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2010 14:53:37 -0500

Hi Jamal -- Ah, I see your point. I wasn't aware you had tried to build
wxwidgets on MinGW.
I appreciate your comments and insights, as you seem to be the most prolific
producer of accessible tools.
I have picked up this work with John Boyer partly because it is a good
project and partly to increase my experience doing windows apps, an area in
which I am still "green".
I have monitored these and other lists with interest for the past 10 years,
but have still not really plunged into programming anything major myself --
call it lazy, or call it diversifying my interests elsewhere...
Hopefully the solution will be as useful as we hope.
I am using MSYS now just to get things set up on windows compiled as a
console app, and then will select an appropriate GUI library.
Take care.
--le