RE: Microsoft braille question

  • From: "DaShiell, Jude T. CIV NAVAIR 1490, 1, 26" <jude.dashiell@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 13:50:50 -0400

G.U.I. instructions make up all of the steps for doing any of the first
code examples in vbdotnet.doc file on empowermentzone.com.  I brailled
most of the steps for one of these and the rest of it is going on a
second full sized page of braille.  Admittedly I used computer braille
since no other standard was ever described for compressing this stuff
and am thinking I'm going to have to start collecting common phrases and
frequencies and start constructing some nonambiguous abbreviations in
order to decrease the real estate consumed.  I'm not so much concerned
about the small projects, it's when those get far larger just using
computer braille will become unwieldy.  Beginning vb.net had the hello
user project in it and I got down to just before putting the label
controls on the form and didn't get that on the first sheet of braille
paper.  If I make anything of this work once it gets going I'll update
the list and probably put that material up on a website so anyone else
can download and examine and/or use if they like it.  Some of Grade 3
braille word abbreviations can be used without going into too many of
the word forms like o=on.  I just didn't want to reinvent the wheel.

Rot47: <;F56]52D9:6==@?2GJ]>:=>