Re: Microsoft Virtual PC

  • From: "John Greer" <jpgreer17@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 11:24:24 -0600

Not sure if this will help or not but here is a list of hotkeys I found for Virtual PC 2007. Most likely because Jaws hooks the keyboard you will need to do a key pass through command to make them work. Virtual PC provides much of the required keyboard functionality through the use of a host key and key combinations. By default the host key is the right

ALT key. You use the host key in two ways:

* If a virtual machine has captured the pointer, you can press the host key to return control of the mouse to the host computer.

* When Virtual PC is running, you can use the host key in combination with other keys for specific functions. The following table describes the keyboard
combinations and the functionality that each provides.

table with 2 columns and 15 rows
Key combination
Description
Host key+L
Restores Virtual PC Console from a minimized state. Moves Virtual PC Console to the foreground.
Host key+I
Installs Virtual Machine Additions.
Host key+ENTER
Toggles a virtual machine between full-screen mode and window mode.
Host key+DELETE
Sends CTRL+ALT+DELETE to the virtual machine operating system.
Host key+P
Pauses or resumes the virtual machine, depending upon its current state.
Host key+R
Resets the virtual machine.
Host key+F4
Closes the virtual machine.
Host key+C
Copies the selected items.
Host key+V
Pastes a copied item.
Host key+A
Selects all.
Host key+E
Opens the virtual machine settings.
Host key+DOWN ARROW
Minimizes the virtual machine.
Host key+LEFT ARROW
Switches to the previous virtual machine when running multiple virtual machines, unless you are using full-screen mode.
Host key+RIGHT ARROW
Switches to the next virtual machine when running multiple virtual machines, unless you are using full-screen mode.

JohnPG search for all of your Jaws scripts at http://www.blindcrawler.com/
Also be sure to check out Blind Crawler's Legend of the Green Dragon server at http://www.blindcrawler.com/lotg/
There will be more to come from Blind Crawler very soon.
Administrator: John Greer
Blind Crawler.com
----- Original Message ----- From: "Will Pearson" <will@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>