RE: Math equation in Oracle SQL

  • From: "Peter Quaiattini" <Peter_Quaiattini@xxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:11:05 -0600

Eileen -
The problem appears to be that neither of the table aliases used in the
SELECT clause, namely RP1 and RP2 are not defined in the FROM clause.
In the FROM clause, only the table named RP08_R2_RETRO_PAY_SUM has an
alias which is R2. The second table in the   FROM clause in fact has no
alias at all.
I recommend that you assign the aliases RP1 and RP2 to the appropriate
tables in the FROM clause. As well, you will need to then eliminate the
alias R2 as it is not used.

Peter Quaiattini
BITS OPS - Data Hosting Services
Canadian Pacific Railway
(403) 319-6579
peter_quaiattini@xxxxxx

Subject: Math equation in Oracle SQL

I have to divide two fields and put the result in another field.  I am
just starting out with the select statement of the equation itself, but
am
getting a strange error message.    I am putting the code and error
mesage
here, if someone can assist me.

select (rp2.RESOURCE_AMOUNT / rp1.TOTAL_PRECOLA_PAID) from
RP08_R2_RETRO_PAY_SUM r2, rp08_r2_empl
        *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00904: "RP2"."RESOURCE_AMOUNT": invalid identifier
SQL>
SQL>

Thanks for any help,

Eileen La Fond
Phone (206) 386-0011
e.mail Eileen.LaFond@xxxxxxxxxxx

------------------------------

From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Bitmaps, Icons, Cursors
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 18:30:15 +0530

Has any one tried the logo language for drawing? You can write scripts
produce various  shapes. You  can then convert the output to bitmap
files.

Pranav

------------------------------

From: "tribble" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 10:36:48 -0500

Where do you get this software? Sounds interesting.
--le

From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:09:32 -0700

Wow I can't believe you have never heard of logo.  Maybe it's the name
that
is confusing you it has also been called turtle graphics.  It was
actually
one of the first languages I learned in the 80's here is a link to the
wiki
page on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logo_(programming_language)

From: "inthaneelf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 11:27:57 -0700

hadn't herd of it, I'll take a look first chance I get, thanks!

regards,
inthane

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 12:25:57 -0700
From: "Andreas Stefik" <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Did you contribute to the Visual Studio Scripts, I want to
know!

Hey everyone,
It's been a while since I've mailed the list (quite the hectic summer
for
me, as I was looking for work (I ended up taking a professorship at
Central
Washington University)).

So everyone knows, I'm currently working on a journal publication of
some of
the blind programming work I've been doing over the last few years. In
it, I
want to site the Visual Studio 2005-8 JAWS scripts available on the grab
bag
site, and mention them as being the best available scripts for the
environment (that I know of!).

So, what does that mean?

If you were a primary contributor to the scripts and you would like to
obtain credit, please email in this thread with your full name.
Alternatively, if you don't feel comfortable putting your name out
publicly,
but want credit, you can email me directly.

And last, does anyone have an official contributor list? I only want to
cite
the top contributors (especially if there are many!), as there isn't
much
space in publications usually.

Hope to hear from you, hope everyone is having a great summer.

Andreas

------------------------------

From: "Robert Montowski" <r_montowski@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Accessible Way to Partition
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 16:17:47 -0400

involves partitions too.
Wubi
Version: 8.04
File Size: 958k
License Type: Free
Operating Systems: Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Me,
Windows 98
Interested in Linux, but hesitant to start playing around with drive
partitions, boot loaders, and other folderol which can leave you with a
completely
useless PC? Wubi does one simple thing: It creates a Linux partition
within your Windows partition. You specify how much you wish to slice
off--from 5
gigabytes to 30--and it installs Linux there. The next time you boot,
you are given the choice of booting into Linux or Windows. If you choose
the former,
Ubuntu Linux will launch and will then format the reserved space for its
own needs. One more reboot, and you have two operating systems on your
computer.
The only way it could be easier would be if Wubi downloaded the
knowledge of how to use EMACS into your brain.
--Ian Harac

Go to the download page now:
Wubi
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,72716-order,1-page,1/descripti
on.html?tk=nl_ddxdwn

------------------------------

From: "tribble" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 16:09:24 -0500

ah, I used to play around with turtle graphics -- yes, I never heard of
logo, but if it's an incarnation of turtle, I know it.  I remember
writing
one of my first recursive programs to draw a tree with turtle graphics.
That
was way back when. Don't ask when -- I'm not shy of my age, just can't
remember which when was when...
--le

From: "tribble" <lauraeaves@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 16:20:09 -0500

Interesting--I think I'll keep this one...
Kind of a scary thought, downloading to a partition in your brain...
I've wondered if some of the software projects I worked on did just
that, and caused a deadlock...lol
Cheers.
--le

From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Advice About Protection Software
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 23:44:54 +0100

Hmm, last time I tried Zone Alarm it appeared to be not accessible at
all. I
couldnt' even configure even the basics of settings. Has this now
changed?

--
Chris Hallsworth

Derbyshire, UK

E-mail
christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MSN
ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx

Skype
chrishallsworth7266

Website
http://www.chrishallsworth.co.nr

Klango
chrishallsworth

FTP
ftp://chrishallsworth.dyndns.org
From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 17:52:02 -0700

You must have tried it long long ago or with something other than jaws.
have used zoenalarm since back in Jaws 5.0 day.  True it has got more
accessible but it even worked back then.

Ken

From: "Ken Perry" <whistler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
know!
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 17:59:08 -0700

Last time I looked all the contributors were listed in the top of the
script
file.  In fact I just opened it with my reply and here is what it says

;Contributors (alphabetically): Sina Bahram, Jamal Mazrui, Will Pearson,
Ken
Perry, Travis Roth, Peter Torpey

Now with that said if you want to know kind of a chronology to things it
started with Will and Travis  working with Microsoft.  I am not sure if
Travis worked with Microsoft directly but I know Will was.  They had
created
a lot of basic scripts for it.  I then came along and asked if anyone
had
wrote anything.  Both travis and Will told me they had stuff but it was
not
ready for release.  I asked them for their code so I could put something
together that people could use until something better came along.  So
with
their code and a bit of what I wrote the first scripts were born.  After
that jamal has taken the project and ran like a crazed professional line
backer straight through a high school defense.  The others listed have
done
modifications to fit certain needs.

  _____

From: "Otis D Blue" <otis.blue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 22:45:33 -0500

Hi,

Yes same here.  I think I had the latest version and I couldn't get
anywhere
with it.  Is there a version that's more accessible then others?  This
was
about 2 months ago when I last tried.

Otis D Blue
Telephone: 414-353-6617
Cell: 414-690-3013
Fax. 414-353-7884
Email: otis.blue@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

no, your correct, but there is still plenty of useable information, and
software there, smile, it's just a case of whether or not you will need
update it as in the case of AVG, or if it still works fine, as with copy

path.

the firewalls are older, but they work, and one can try the home website
for

each to see if there is an accessible updated version.

and now I know that zone alarm is accessible again so will be adding it
my list of possible, though I didn't like the thing myself the last time

From: "Pranav Lal" <pranav.lal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 11:12:33 +0530

Le,
See http://www.softronix.com/logo.html

A sample script for drawing a square can be found at
http://www.seeingwithsound.com/squareani.lgo
Where do you get this software? Sounds interesting.
--le

Has any one tried the logo language for drawing? You can write scripts
produce various  shapes. You  can then convert the output to bitmap
files.

Pranav

------------------------------

End of programmingblind Digest V2 #231
**************************************

------------------------------ IMPORTANT NOTICE - AVIS IMPORTANT
------------------------------
Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. Recipient should check this
email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. Sender and sender
company accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by
this email.
This email transmission and any accompanying attachments contain confidential
information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.
Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in reliance on the
contents of this email by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this email in error please immediately delete
it and  notify sender at the above email address.

Le courrier electronique peut etre porteur de virus informatiques.  Le
destinataire doit donc passer le present courriel et les pieces qui y sont
jointes au detecteur de virus.  L' expediteur et son employeur declinent toute
responsabilite pour les dommages causes par un virus contenu dans le courriel.
Le present message et les pieces qui y sont jointes contiennent des
renseignements confidentiels destines uniquement a la personne ou a l'
organisme nomme ci-dessus.  Toute diffusion, distribution, reproduction ou
utilisation comme reference du contenu du message par une autre personne que le
destinataire est formellement interdite.  Si vous avez recu ce courriel par
erreur, veuillez le detruire immediatement et en informer l' expediteur a l'
adresse ci-dessus.