Re: Making TK accessible?

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 11:49:50 -0700

Python still ships with TKInter. I don't want to add speech to it, because that kind of kills the point of using it with a reader, but I would like to use something to allow Jaws, Wineyes and NVDA to access it with no problems.

On 1/28/2011 11:23 AM, Ken Perry wrote:
Um are there still people using TK?  I would go with gtk on any project over
tk.  If you have to make it accessible though you will need to make the gui
accessible and that means replacing anything that has a UI component with
something that has either hooks or talks on its own.  You might want to look
at the gtk++ accessibility frame work for examples of what they had to do to
get gtk to work.

ken