Re: Makefile question

  • From: "Ricks Place" <OFBGMail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 06:14:55 -0400

Hi:
I find the web getting quite dynamic and WE is having some trouble keeping up.
I don't know if your problems are WE related or whether they are related to the
new dynamic controls most Websites are starting to use. WE has always had
trouble with MultiSelection lists and Comboboxes ( actually DropDown Boxes).
There are the new Ajax controls that I've heard are problematic and everyone is
using now. Finally, many sites make heavy use of custom JavaScript for dynamic
changes to the page after it's displayed and that can pose some problems. The
new web is going to be a challange for ScreenReader developers. But, as you
say, perhaps you just tipped something.
  With IE 7 I am finding some pages will lock up my computer, some just display
a blank page, some will read only with the mouse and other problems I hope will
get resolved when WE picks up the Accessibility hooks based on the new Web
Accessibility Standards.
  Sometimes you can refresh a page and pick up some controls that do not work
the way you might expect or display data you know should be there but isn't.
  My guess is that WE is going to be working hard on the Web portion of it's
interface in the future, after getting general scripting set up. There already
rumblings from the Blind Programmers about WE Com Scripting perhaps being the
way to go.
  Rick USA