MSAccess 2003

  • From: "Charles Black" <charlesblackusc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 16:30:06 -0500

I have created a database containing a list of projects with subprojects.  I
have put these fields on a form.  There are currently 5 fields going from
the top being the most upper level on down to the bottom being the lowest
level.  In the first field, I have four major project types and in the
second I have more fields but only certain fields should show based on what
is selected in the first field.  This pattern is supposed to continue on
down to the fifth field.  I know I could do this using a tree construct but
Access 2003 doesn't have this.  Is there a method I could use to achieve
this?  Perhaps I could use vba or perhaps I could use a query based on
another field in the form.  There is a .onchange event on each element of a
form, could I use this somehow?   I am at a loss to figure how to achieve
this.  Any direction would be appreciated!  Even better, does anyone have an
example of this construct?  Thanks!

Charles E. Black

charlesblackusc@xxxxxxxxx