Re: Looking for creating windows service application

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 17:02:05 -0400

Hi: First, if you are running any version of Visual at the Standard or blow
versions I don't think you have a template in the IDE to create a
WindowsService Project. That said, you could possible download and install the
templates and try and go from there. If you have the templates, you have VS
Standard or above, there are several articles i found Googling besides the MSDN
Walkthrough. I have not built a Windows Service although I did build a couple
of apps that ran for some time and I used the BackGroundWorker to run it in the
background. Anyway, first step would be to ensure you are running the correct
version of Visual Studio so you have the Templates and necessary other tools if
required.
Rick USA