Re: Looking for an accessible web service testing tool

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Macarty, Jay {PBSG}" <Jay.Macarty@xxxxxxxxxxx>, programmingblind <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 08:28:31 -0400

I do not have an answer to Jay's question below. If anyone else can help, please reply to all so that he receives your message.

On 3/16/2011 10:11 AM, Macarty, Jay {PBSG} wrote:
Jamal,

I have had to drop off the Blind Programming list because my work
schedule just doesn't allow me to keep up with the traffic. I'm looking
for a tool and figured if anybody would know of something like this, it
would be you.

I am on a development team which has written a set of web services to
allow access to our legacy data systems. I need a tool which will allow
me to test these web services in a sort of generic manner such as being
able to just submit the SOAP request and read the SOAP response XML.

I have tried a couple of tools such as SoapUI and SoapSonar but these do
not seem to be very accessible with JAWS. I was wondering if you had or
knew of a tool which I could use to test out web services?

If you don't have anything and wouldn't mind forwarding my request to
the Blind Programming List, I would certainly appreciate it!

Thanks for your help.

Jay Macarty - Legacy Master Data Team - Technical Lead