Re: Looking for a good editor for beginning java

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 13:41:57 -0400

Hi Mike,
In my opinion, go with a simple text editor, even Notepad or EdSharp. It
won't get in the way of you concentrating on Java. I recommend TextPad or
EdSharp. That way, you will only be frustrated by Java, and not the
environment. You will get a good feel for all that is going on behind the
scenes. Get the JDK and documentation, download them and install them, and
get the Java Access bridge and install that. For learning, I like the Java
Tutorial from Sun.

Thanks.

james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"Never doubt that a thoughtful group of committed citizens can change the
world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead