Looking At Python Programming

  • From: "Harmony Neil" <harmonylm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2011 21:37:55 +0100

I can't remember if attachments are permitted on this list or not, so I
apologize in advance. I've been looking at functions and stuff in the python
tutorials and although I copied them character for character, as far as I
know, I get an error saying that there is an unexpected indentation. Would
anyone be able to let me know if you find any problems with the indentation?

Thanks,

Harmony.

def print_two(*args):
   arg1, arg2 = args
      print "arg1: %r, arg2: %r" % (arg1, arg2)
     def print_two_again(arg1, arg2):
       print "arg1: %r, arg2: %r" % (arg1, arg2)
       def print_one_arg(arg1):
         print "arg1: %r" % arg1
         def print_none()
           print "I got nothing."
           print_two("Harmony","Neil")
           print_two_again("Harmony","Neil")
           print_one_arg("Louise")
           print_none()
from sys import argv
 script, filename = argv
  print "We're now going to erase %r." % filename
  print "if you don't want to do this, hit CTRL-C (^C)."
  print "If you do want this, hit RETURN."
  raw_input("?")
  print "Opening file..."
  target = open(filename, 'w')
  print "Truncating the file. Goodbye!"
  target.truncate()
  print "Now I will ask you for three lines."
  line1 = raw_input("line 1: ")
  line2 = raw_input("line 2: ")
  line3 = raw_input("line 3: ")
  print "I am going to write these to the file.")
  target.write(line1)
  target.write("\n")
  target.write(line2)
  target.write("\n")