Re: Linked lists in C and C++.

  • From: "Will Pearson" <will@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 15:04:57 +0100

Hi,

Marlon wrote:
"Also, for Sina's explanation about pointers size, I think I recall Will Pearson said sometime ago that the pointer size would vary in windows and unix implementations on 64 bits platforms."

... something like that. What I was probably refering to is the ILP model, where ILP stands for integers, longs, and pointers. 64-bit Windows uses 32-bit integers and longs whilst 64-bit *nix uses 32-bit integers and 64-bit longs. Both 64-bit Windows and 64-bit *nix both use 64-bit pointers. So, the sizes of data types do differ between the two platforms but for longs and not pointers.

I didn't read Sina's explanation, and so I can't comment on how it relates to the ILP model.

Will __________ View the list's information and change your settings at //www.freelists.org/list/programmingblind