Re: Link To Floss Manuals

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:57:51 -0400

Jim,

In addition to the command shell manual, there's an absolutely enormous amount of documentation, both built into a GNU/Linux system as well as online that makes the transition if not slick as snot, as least as smooth as a gravy sandwich. Please join our GNU accessibility mailing list (accessibility-request@xxxxxxx with subscribe in the subject line) and you will find a really dynamic group of hackers with disability discussing all sorts of stuff and really helping people out in what I describe as a sort of apprenticeship model. It is a cool team of weird, wonderful and quirky nerds like us.

Happy Hacking,
cdh

On 07/29/2010 11:06 AM, Homme, James wrote:

Hi,

The archives of this list are blocked here. Would someone please send me a link to get the text versions of the floss manuals?

Thanks very much.

Jim

Jim Homme,

Usability Services,

Phone: 412-544-1810. Skype: jim.homme

Internal recipients, Read my accessibility blog <http://mysites.highmark.com/personal/lidikki/Blog/default.aspx>. Discuss accessibility here <http://collaborate.highmark.com/COP/technical/accessibility/default.aspx>. Accessibility Wiki: Breaking news and accessibility advice <http://collaborate.highmark.com/COP/technical/accessibility/Accessibility%20Wiki/Forms/AllPages.aspx>

This e-mail and any attachments to it are confidential and are intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without the author's prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail message do not necessarily represent the views of Highmark Inc., its subsidiaries, or affiliates.