RE: Layout by code - a wonderful tool but....

  • From: Trouble <trouble1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 21:10:16 -0400

Microsoft office will also load crap in the html. Doing something in a basic editor makes you learn the code not the short cuts to make the code.

At 02:00 PM 8/4/2011, you wrote:
Hi,
If you decide not to use an IDE, you get total control over exactly what code gets dumped into your application. It's difficult to know what code VS is going to add. Way back a long time ago, I started to build web pages with FrontPage, and scrapped it, because it filled my pages with all kinds of bloaty stuff.

I'm in no way against using an IDE, though, as long as you know what it's going to do to your stuff. They help with productivity for sure.