Re: Latest Ubuntu and accessibility.

  • From: "Littlefield, Tyler" <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 19:22:43 -0600

Eunity is being worked on to make it more accessible, I believe. The folks at KDE are also working, last I heard to make that accessible, and there was something else too. Hopefully Gnome won't be the only one for long.On 8/18/2011 7:19 PM, Jared Wright wrote:
You are correct, it's only Gnome for Orca users for now. As for what Unity is, it's just a different spin on shell  management. Has more features for netbooks and touch interfaces, given their growing prominence.
On 8/18/2011 8:51 PM, Katherine Moss wrote:

Now I’m trying to take steps to get myself acquainted with Linux, and I’m just curious, what is the unity desktop?  I’ve never heard of it, but I never bothered to look it up since I’ve heard on various threads here probably, that Gnome is the only accessible desktop for linux out there.  Can somebody correct me on that if it’s not true?