RE: Jaws post processing

  • From: "Chris Hofstader" <chris.hofstader@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:41:25 -0400

The CRC algorithm for picking those numbers that JAWS employs uses 16 bit
unsigned integers (unless they have finally made the change to 32 bit) which
will, on occasion, result in identical numbers in the same application.
It's like any checksum based system, the larger the possible values, the
less likely there will be a collision.