Re: Jaws and Vista

  • From: "Marlon Brandão de Sousa" <splyt.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 08:34:04 -0300

What saves jaws from being sometimes a poor designed screen reader is
definitely its scripting capabilities which makes possible to fine
tune it and support many applications. For me jaws didn't compete with
other screen readers in the same level untill a little time ago
because other readers couldn't be scripted and because of this had to
rely on factory support only. Now that windows eyes and system access
are becoming scriptable all of them will have the same power, so how
they react when used with applications that  still have no scripts
written for will become a important comparation item.
Marlon

free."
Linus Torvalds