RE: JavaScript sniffing for screenreaders?

  • From: "Holdsworth, Lynn" <Lynn.Holdsworth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 10:25:46 +0100

Hi Teddy,

Yes, clean and valid HTML would be a given.

For the project I'm working on, the program would have to be web-based.

Apparently, the reason why these rich-text editors don't work so well is that
IE provides incorrect MSAA information in rich-text edit areas. MS are hoping
to fix this in IE8, but that's too far in the future for us.

Cheers, Lynn