Re: JavaScript Question

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 04:39:39 -0400

  Hi Inthane: I will add a label control to display a running total or
remaining characters under the TextArea to give real-time FeedBack to sighted
users. I have the left mouse click generate a PopUp with the numbers for screen
reader users as well as  a PopUp that comes up if the Max size is reached. Both
then will not allow further insertion of characters until others are deleted.
  This puppy is almost ready. Man, is JavaScript finiky! I got no syntax errors
but spaces between variables and operators and capitalization of command
keywords will cause the JS to just not work properly with no notification there
is any problem except it doesn't do what you would expect. Perhaps there are
some settings I can set to make this better if I am going to be doing more work
in JavaScript.
  Anyway, thanks for the heads up.
  Rick USA